Home

Forty percent of people with coronavirus infections have no symptoms. Might they be the key to ending the pandemic?

7 Comments

Click the link below the picture

When researcher Monica Gandhi began digging deeper into outbreaks of the novel coronavirus, she was struck by the extraordinarily high number of infected people who had no symptoms.

A Boston homeless shelter had 147 infected residents, but 88 percent had no symptoms even though they shared their living space. A Tyson Foods poultry plant in Springdale, Ark., had 481 infections, and 95 percent were asymptomatic. Prisons in Arkansas, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia counted 3,277 infected people, but 96 percent were asymptomatic.

During its seven-month global rampage, the coronavirus has claimed more than 700,000 lives. But Gandhi began to think the bigger mystery might be why it has left so many more practically unscathed.

What was it about these asymptomatic people, who lived or worked so closely to others who fell severely ill, she wondered, that protected them? Did the “dose” of their viral exposure make a difference? Was it genetics? Or might some people already have partial resistance to the virus, contrary to our initial understanding?

Muslim pilgrims wearing face masks and keeping social distance last week during the annual Haj pilgrimage in Mecca. (Saudi Press Agency/Via Reuters)

Click the link below for article:

__________________________________________

7 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Kamal Shrestha
    Aug 09, 2020 @ 06:19:32

I nominate you for Great Achiever Mahasidddhi Blogger Award for your amazing post. Please accept my proposal. Pls check on my post.

2. Aditi♥️
    Aug 09, 2020 @ 11:44:43

Heyy!! Your posts are amazing!! Thanks for this awesome post!! You really are an inspiration! I’m fairly new here (I’ve just been blogging for a month now) and it would be really nice if you could check out my site and let me know some feedback (or follow it if you like it 😂) so that I can make it better!! Your experience can help me make my site better! https://whatareuuptoduringthelockdown.wordpress.com/

• Mohenjo
      Aug 09, 2020 @ 14:10:47

Thanks for your visit and comment! I added your blog ‘What are you up to during the Lockdown??’ to my blogs of interest list, I hope that helps. BTW I like your content.

• Aditi♥️
        Aug 09, 2020 @ 18:03:07

Thanks! What does blogs of interest mean btw? Thanks! I’m so glad you enjoy my content!

• Mohenjo
        Aug 09, 2020 @ 21:42:47

Oh, BTW means ‘By the Way’, I’m dating myself. ‘Blogs of interest’ is a list of blogs that I like and follow. it appears on the right side of my blog under LORAC Development.

• Aditi♥️
        Aug 10, 2020 @ 03:45:37

Ohh I know what btw means…. I didn’t know what Blogs of Interest meant! Thanks a ton for telling me and adding my blog to it!!!