Home

Forty percent of people with coronavirus infections have no symptoms. Might they be the key to ending the pandemic?

7 Comments

Click the link below the picture

When researcher Monica Gandhi began digging deeper into outbreaks of the novel coronavirus, she was struck by the extraordinarily high number of infected people who had no symptoms.

A Boston homeless shelter had 147 infected residents, but 88 percent had no symptoms even though they shared their living space. A Tyson Foods poultry plant in Springdale, Ark., had 481 infections, and 95 percent were asymptomatic. Prisons in Arkansas, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia counted 3,277 infected people, but 96 percent were asymptomatic.

During its seven-month global rampage, the coronavirus has claimed more than 700,000 lives. But Gandhi began to think the bigger mystery might be why it has left so many more practically unscathed.

What was it about these asymptomatic people, who lived or worked so closely to others who fell severely ill, she wondered, that protected them? Did the “dose” of their viral exposure make a difference? Was it genetics? Or might some people already have partial resistance to the virus, contrary to our initial understanding?

Muslim pilgrims wearing face masks and keeping social distance last week during the annual Haj pilgrimage in Mecca. (Saudi Press Agency/Via Reuters)

Click the link below for article:

__________________________________________

7 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Kamal Shrestha
    Aug 09, 2020 @ 06:19:32

I nominate you for Great Achiever Mahasidddhi Blogger Award for your amazing post. Please accept my proposal. Pls check on my post.

2. Aditi♥️
    Aug 09, 2020 @ 11:44:43

Heyy!! Your posts are amazing!! Thanks for this awesome post!! You really are an inspiration! I’m fairly new here (I’ve just been blogging for a month now) and it would be really nice if you could check out my site and let me know some feedback (or follow it if you like it 😂) so that I can make it better!! Your experience can help me make my site better! https://whatareuuptoduringthelockdown.wordpress.com/

• Mohenjo
      Aug 09, 2020 @ 14:10:47

Thanks for your visit and comment! I added your blog ‘What are you up to during the Lockdown??’ to my blogs of interest list, I hope that helps. BTW I like your content.

• Aditi♥️
        Aug 09, 2020 @ 18:03:07

Thanks! What does blogs of interest mean btw? Thanks! I’m so glad you enjoy my content!

• Mohenjo
        Aug 09, 2020 @ 21:42:47

Oh, BTW means ‘By the Way’, I’m dating myself. ‘Blogs of interest’ is a list of blogs that I like and follow. it appears on the right side of my blog under LORAC Development.

• Aditi♥️
        Aug 10, 2020 @ 03:45:37

Ohh I know what btw means…. I didn’t know what Blogs of Interest meant! Thanks a ton for telling me and adding my blog to it!!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Prefiero quedarme en casa

Un blog sobre lo que me gusta escribir

ChronosFeR2

Fotografia, Literatura, Música, Cultura.

BluntPathway

Honest path to a peaceful life

Forex Trendy - The Real Solution FX Traders Want

Never Seen Before! This Smart And Easy To Use Software Is Helping Forex Traders To Increase Their Profitability With Any System. Killer Copy, Awesome Conversion And Highest Commission!

thedihedral.wordpress.com/

Climbing, Outdoors, Life!

The Gastronomy Gal

Simplicity in food and travel

PENSER study point

an online book of information, knowledge and news

FOXTURBO

#Pra fazer bons # #homens #mulher de 18a60 #mora no Brasil,#Portugal,#Angola #Argentina

L'atelier peinture de Christine

La peinture sans prise de tête

Life in Lockdown

What Life is all about

Olivia Lucie Blake

Musings of a Millennial. Life, The World and Everything In Between

Unbound Boxes Limping Gods

The writer gives life to a story, the reader keeps it alive.

Perditus

Just a few rambling pieces of poetry and art

Blogging Filter

Freshly Brewed Blogging Tips

church ov solitude

We are all just babes in the woods.

Akshay Iyer

Live Life An Extra Mile!

The World Is Just Awesome

Witnessing Miracles

Sunflower Seeds

Bits of positivity and crazy

artpens

*Poem And Pic*

OUTLINING MAGIC

When in doubt... REREAD

🦁Jurnal Personal💞✍

Am avut revelaţia că în afară de Dumnezeu nu există adevăr. Mai multe adevăruri, zic eu, raportate la Dumnezeu, este egal cu niciun adevăr. Iar dacă adevărul este unul singur, fiind transcendent în esenţă, sediul lui nu e nici în ştiinţă, nici în filozofie, nici în artă.– Petre Țuțea

DomenickStyle

Love and My World

Eva Designs

Hobby, art, photography, organization everything in one place

Anindita Bose

A gateway to deep insights and short aphorisms

The deceptive minds

Works of pain, guilt, pleasure and fantasy

Zoewiezoe

Where a little insanity goes a long way

mydatawords

| Inspirational | Poem | Art | lifestyle | Shorts-story | Mental Health | Travel | Motivation | Psychology | Fitness | Food | Health | History | 📸📱| Astronomy | More others

Me First Magazine

First person stories: putting people first.

Anna's Styles

Lifestyle,beauty, restaurant, food, fitness, jobs, shopping, Ideas and news, travel, photography,news,daily updates,celebrities lifestyle,latest trends.

Poemas del Alfalfa

escritos en el corazon

Wild Scared Crazy

It's an uncertain life!

Map Tribune!

Online Tourism & Real Estate Tribune

Poetry about Unknowable

Every Thing that Influence my mind

Chihuz

COOKING, BAKING AND CHRISTIAN LIFE.

Monty guidon

Allons cheveux au vent sur Monty guidon

Highwaypay

Modern Hippie Bohemian Fashion - ENJOY FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING ON YOUR FIRST ORDER AND WON FREE GIFT

big LITTLE words

muthonikuria

Frammenti vitali

Omnia quae ventura sunt in incerto iacent: protinus vive.

Chrstn

a cup of thoughts

Mystic mine 🌻

The simplicity of life is just being yourself.”

Chris Yash Story/ Poetry ✒️ writing

Poem and story that will free your mind

solodeinteres.com

Una iniciativa distinta... Evolucionando

Read, Learn, Live

Look closely around and about, and you will see all forms of beauty - just look!

%d bloggers like this: